Friday 12 February 2016

Seaside Walk

Hello everyone,

for this blog post I just wanted to share my day with you.

Yesterday (Wednesday) we had this day called Öskudagur or  "Ash Day" in English. It's similar to halloween, which we don't really celebrate, you dress up in costumes but instead of going to homes and saying "trick or treat!" we go to shops and sing for sweets.
When I was younger I used to take this day very seriously, me and my friends would plan our costumes months ahead and put a lot of effort into them. Then after school we used to walk downtown and go to EVERY shop down town, they are probably around 400/500 and when we came home we had a whole backpack of sweets. It used to be my favourite day of the year.

Since I'm turning 16 not many people in my grade dressed up yesterday but I wore my reindeer onesie. After school me and a few of my friends went to all the shops in the neighbourhood and when we were finished we had quite a lot of caramels, lollipops, and chocolate bars. Yum!

When I came home I watched some tv and ate some of the sweets. But because the weather was so good I asked my dad if he could come home early and take a walk with me, which he did.
We took a 50 min walk along the coast in the nice weather and I was able to take some great photos. When we had walked about 4.2 km we stopped at a restaurant called Nauthóll and had a nice dinner with my grandparents. But wow it was soooo expensive so if you're travelling in Iceland I wouldn't recommend it, even though it's by the beach and has a lovely view, you can get just as good food but just at a way more reasonable price at many other restaurants. Despite the ridiculous prices we had good food and a good time.

It was a very good day that I'll remember for a long time.

Here are some of the pictures I took. (Sorry for the bad quality, I didn't have my camera with me so I had to settle for my iPhone 4)




Thank you for reading and be sure to comment if you liked this blogpost and what other blogpost ideas you'd like to see :)

-Stella xx


Also follow me on these social medias:

Twitter- @onegirlblogger1
Instagram- @onegirlblogger




18 comments:

  1. Oooh, lollies! One year my brother took a can of my dads shaving cream without any of us noticing as a 'trick' for all the people who didn't have candy. Long story short, we had a lot of angry neighbours on our doorstep the next morning....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah that's so funny! Wish we celebrated Halloween!

      Delete
  2. I love this week's post Stella! You and your friends seem to have a world of a time.

    Ps: Have you been to your grade's yearly dance?

    #sweetreats xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Trust me we don't have as much time as you might think.

      Yes it was about ten days ago :)

      Delete
  3. Very great post ! Love your pictures ! <3

    Suzanne xx
    Check my blog : http://yourlovelyplace.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you possibly publish a blog post about your grade's yearly dance? And I really like your blog Suzanne!

    #sweetreats xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would be able to do that, I'll think about it if I have some spare time this week, also a beauty post coming tomorrow or later this week :)

      Delete
  5. I like this week's post,Stella- I admire how honest and down-to-earth you are with your posts and how beautiful your photographs are. I've never come across a blogger as truthful and realistic as you.

    PS: I also like your blog too, Suzanne. Are you a beauty blogger?

    BBB xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that means a lot! :)

      Stella xx

      Delete
  6. Very pretty pictures and you have a very nice blog.
    Blog: sundaysaresunny.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are so pretty, it's awesome when you have a day that you know you'll remember fondly in the future! Ash Day sounds like fun, nice post!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are absolutely stunning! The scenery is beautiful!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete